Are you sure want to logout from the system?
Help & Information
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Starting with an explanation of what is flowing from the well and going right through to the final delivery of natural gas to homes, offices, schools, power plants and other consumers, and to refined products distribution terminals in the case of crude oil, this course provides an introduction to gas and oil gathering, transmission and distribution pipelines, as well as storage. The course also discusses industry dimensions, and provides an introduction to customers, regulations and standards.
Students are expected to gain a general knowledge of the oil and gas pipeline industry including the following:
• How crude oil and natural gas was formed and the impact on pipelines
• The difference between production from reservoir rock and source rock
• How the source rock is driving fundamental shifts in the oil and gas production industries
• The various sub-industries comprising the mid-stream business
• The classifications of pipelines
• What fluids are moved by oil and gas pipelines
• The major components comprising the oil and gas pipeline value chain
• What parties comprise the pipeline customers
• Major U. S. regulations
• Selected international standards
• Basics of crude oil gathering and mainline operations
• Basics of natural gas gathering and mainline operations
• Basics of refined products pipeline operations
Learners who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion for 1.5 professional development hours.
This class is taught by Tom Miesner, an oil and gas pipeline veteran. It is intended for those who want to know more about the midstream business.
The intended audience for this class includes
• Oil and gas pipeline company new employees
• Pipeline support personnel such as those in accounting, finance, HR, legal, supply chain, and risk management functions
• Suppliers and vendors
• Outside attorneys
• Legislatures and regulators
• Members of the public who want to learn more about energy pipelines
is a mobile app for your phone or tablet and provides quick access to short video clips produced from RedVector’s award-winning content.
for a short demo of
With RedVector GO, you can:
Access thousands of exclusive short video clips covering a wide range of topics
Search through our industry-related categories for quick on the job reference
Bookmark your favorite video clips and create a “watch later” list
Ready to download the app?
Search RedVector GO on the App Store or Google Play Store
Log in using your RedVector username and password
is a stand-alone application and is not currently connected to the LMS. Therefore, it does not track completions of courses or fulfill continuing education requirements.